Lithium batteries have quickly occupied the solar energy market due to their safety, lightweight, long service life, complete charge and discharge, low maintenance costs, and no memory effect.
Compared with traditional lead-acid batteries, lithium batteries have the characteristics of no pollution, long service life, no memory effect, many times of charge and discharge, and long service life.
For example, compared with the lead-acid battery of the same capacity as the lithium battery, the lead-acid battery can be charged and discharged 400 times, while the lithium battery can be charged and discharged about 1000 times, which is nearly three times that of the lead-acid battery, so the service life It is nearly three times that of lead-acid batteries.
At present, energy storage lithium batteries are widely used in the solar smart street light market. However, due to market confusion, some consumers often buy lower-quality lithium batteries.
1.How to judge the quality of lithium batteries?
Test Lithium Batteries:
- Visual inspection: widening, thickness, TTV, squareness, warpage, chamfering.
- Electrical performance testing: including conductivity type, resistivity, and minority carrier lifetime.
- Visual inspection: cracks (infrared inspection), cracks, perforations, crystallites, stitches, crystal fall-off, edge chipping, angle defects.
- Impurity analysis: analysis of impurity oxygen and carbon content.
2.The advantages of lithium batteries:
- The lithium battery has high voltage and is lightweight. The average voltage of a single cell can reach or be relatively equal to the series voltage of 2-4 NiMH or NiCd cells.
- The energy and density of lithium batteries are also high for other batteries. Lithium batteries have high energy storage density. The density of commonly used lithium batteries can reach 450-620wh/kg, which is 5-7 times that of lead-acid batteries. If people choose batteries, they also consider a very important issue, and that is pollution.
- Compare the battery weight. Lithium batteries are about 5-6 times the weight of lead-acid batteries. Although the weight of lithium batteries is not much different from that of polymer lithium batteries. But in terms of capacity and service life, people will choose lithium batteries.
- The lithium battery has a long service life. Lithium batteries can be used for more than 6 years, up to 9 years, without accidents. More than 1000 times of normal use. If there is no accident, it can be used more than 1500 times.
- Low self-discharge and no memory effect. In the production of lithium batteries, adding a protective plate to the lithium battery can make the lithium battery have the effect of overcharge and discharge. Lithium batteries have a high power carrying capacity.
- The lithium battery is environmentally friendly and does not contain toxic substances such as lead, mercury, and cadmium.